The “Creators Update” brings a long list of new features along with updates to existing features to its users.
General updates to offer a better user experience include:
- Increased speed for Windows Hello facial recognition authentication feature.
- Digital ink increased support.
- Cortana personal digital assistant improvements, which include greater voice command control and activation during installation, allowing for the digital assistant to narrate the process.
- Better gaming experience.
The Creators Update also brought a slew of handy new features including:
- Making it easier for consumers to use their device at night via an added blue glare feature.
- 360-degree videos are now supported.
- Need to save a tab for another time? The Edge browser now has that capability.
- Paint 3D app, a three dimensional content creation program, is described as “an evolution of the classic Paint app in three dimensions.”
- Photo and video mark-up capability thanks to Windows Ink.
- OneDrive and Groove integration, allowing users to upload music and access via the app.
- For all the gamers out there, PC games can now be livestreamed with a “built-in game-broadcasting feature.”
The update has been slowly rolling out to existing Microsoft users as of April 11. If you’d like to download it sooner, the update is also available via the Update Assistant.
If you go that route, a heads up that installation can reset your privacy settings to the default ones.
For more information about beta testing and what it can do for your business, visit Beta Breakers.